Thursday, May 8, 2008

Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

Almost everyone has heard the old song, "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head." That's sums up my day fairly well. The first day out I spent riding in and out of rain all day until 60 miles from St. Louis. That's when I finally rode past the rain front, but right into a cold front. There's nothing more exciting than being wet and cold! (I'm kidding for those of you who did not catch my satiric wit.)

Here's a picture of what my bike looked like when I arrived:

The picture probably does not show the grit, grime, dirt, and muck very well. But, trust me, it was all over the bike and me!

The rest of the Phase I outward bound group that I'm traveling with arrived from Pennsylvania in a similar fashion. We leave early on Friday with another long day to the other side of Kansas with about 10 motorcycles. We'll start adding more bikes on our way out to LA.

By the way, the witty response of the day goes to Mr. DB for asking clarification on whether LA means Los Angeles or the Logan Area.

Today's essential question: How does one plan a cross-country trip including mode of transportation, logistics, and budget?

No comments: