Wednesday, May 7, 2008

If At First You Don't Succeed...

Well, you know the rest of the saying: If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Here we are another year later and once again it's time for Run For The Wall 2008!

This year, I have a bigger, newer motorcycle and I will make it all the way (on the motorcycle)! Here's a picture of my newer bike:

It's a 1999 Yamaha Royal Star Venture (1300 cc) with plenty of storage.

I will be leaving for Los Angeles on Thursday, May 8 and passing through Almost Heaven on Thursday, May 22.

Stay tuned for more posts as I hope to chronicle each day on the way out and back until we complete our mission at the Vietnam Memorial (The Wall) in Washington D.C. and ride in Rolling Thunder.

If you'd like to know more about Run For The Wall (RFTW) go to http://rftw.org/ . I'll be on the Central Route.

Good thoughts and prayers for safety, good weather, and a successful mission are always appreciated by me and my fellow riders.

2 comments:

Marshall said...

Be careful on your ride this year and I hop you have a good trip. I enjoyed looking at the photos from last year. Who knows, maybe one of these years the Dudleys will join you.

MP

Anonymous said...

You Go, Duane!! Ruth W.