Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Run For The Wall - Update 2

Back in the Saddle Again!

As you can see, my old bike was loaded and ready to roll just prior to its ill-fated death in what shall be forever known as the MDI (Mohave Desert Incident).













Thank God a friend graciously loaned me another bike which we will call the PBB (Plan B Bike). It too looked proud as I headed out once again to join up with the Run For The Wall group.











It always feels good to be back in the saddle again! After a short jaunt across I-64, I arrived in Corydon, Indiana to meet the Central Route of the RFTW. One of the best parts about being a part of any multi-day group ride is the people you meet, like Don from Missouri.


After a short wait, the registration group and merchandise trailers arrived shortly ahead of the main pack. Finally, I was able to register!

Soon, the main pack arrived and everyone hit the chow line.

Speaking of chow, it sounds like a great essential question. For all you students out there, how did the word "chow" come about? If you know the answer, ask your teacher's permission to comment it to me.

No comments: